Friday, February 25, 2011

6-PACK ABS: WHO'S GOING TO WIN???

WELL, TODAY BEGINS A SMALL COMPETITION FOR THE NEXT 2 MONTHS AND 3 DAYS OF WHO IS GOING TO ARRIVE AT THE BEST 6 PACK ABS BETWEEN... NONE OTHER THAN MY HUSBAND AND I!

This shall be an interesting contest between us. He already has a small advantage since he has been working out consistently for the last couple months. However, I have been in a slump and haven't worked out consistently since Thanksgiving! I have somehow had no motivation to do anything lately. So, this will be fun! I like incentives. I like having to work toward a goal. I just got done telling A.J. that I think I need to sign up for a 5K in May to get myself to start working out hard again.

I don't know why I go in these spurts. Why can't I just stay motivated on a daily basis? I have no clue. I have many many excuses why I don't go to the gym every day. It's too cold out. It's a hassle getting 3 kids in their boots, coats, take them potty before we leave, get them a snack, etc.. I am tired. And the list goes on.

It looks like I have a great incentive now. TO BEAT MY HUSBAND! I am a pretty competitive person when it comes to games or anything that would make me beat A.J. is good enough to try hard. I am excited for this venture and small life chapter! I am debating whether I should post pictures of the progress. I will wait to hear from you all.

It looks like I need to get to working out on my abs now! I bid you all ado!

1 comment:

  1. To you all who commented on this... it is going...! I certainly am not working as hard as I should on this. I mean, it's so hard and I shouldn't use this as an excuse, but since we started this competition, Layla got the flu, AJ got the flu, I got the flu, Layla got a sinus infection and ear infection, Layla and Dominik got pneumonia and an ear infection and now Layla has C.diff... another infection b/c of the strong antibiotics she has been on.

    Suffice to say, I haven't worked out to the potential I should have b/c I have been so tired w/ either being up at night or just tired of my kids being sick! So... I have one month to go and I really need to pick up my game b/c A.J. works out 4-5 days a week and lets just say I've really been slacking. I've been doing some ab workouts here at home to try and keep my abs toned but nothing like I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete