Thursday, January 20, 2011

Appointments with God

What are your thoughts consumed by?
Do you go through your day daydreaming and before you know it, the days has already passed you by?
Do you wish, as the day is over, that you would have spent just a little time, even if just 5 minutes, with Jesus?

There is really no reason that we need to dwell on the lost time. I have come to the realization that this is just a season of my life that I am going through. There will be many other seasons but this one in particular is busy. There are late nights, several woken up times throughout the night, early mornings, noses to wipe, snack times, many meals to prepare, many dishes to clean up, faces to wash, hands to wash, several baths to give, (good if I get a shower of my own in), and if I get 15 minutes of my own time... I am probably taking a shower, taking a nap, or just resting.

So, just because I have not read the Bible that day, prayed a solid prayer, or done a devotional does not mean that I am lacking in some way or another, "God time."

I struggled for the past few years beating myself up inside because I never felt like I was a godly enough woman or that I was never making enough time for God. I finally came to the realization that God loves me where I am. I am more than enough for Him. He loves my shortcomings, my brokenness, my flaws. He takes me as I am. And- I am ok with that.

You know what the best thing is? I can talk to Him throughout the entire day! I do not have to set aside time for Him. I can tell Him my thoughts, my fears, my praises and much more whenever I want. We do not have to set up an appointment with God. He is All-powerful, Omnipotent, All-knowing, Always there!

I am so grateful for my new found revelation!

2 comments:

  1. Amen my dear! Come as you are! Come as you are! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this :)
    actually I've enjoyed reading through all your blogs so far, even though I can't necessarily relate to the parenting part yet, its still very insightful. hope its also providing you with the release you need!

    ReplyDelete